The Paediatrics department provides preventive, curative, palliative as well as welfare and counselling services to children accessing health care in this hospital. It is presently involved in undergraduate training, internship program with advanced plans for postgraduate (Residency) training. The department is duly accredited for its training programs, and also partake in researches.
DR OYEBANJI ADEDAYO HAKEEM a Paediatric cardiologist, is the pioneering and present H.O.D Paediatrics.
Units and Functions of the Department:
The Department of Paediatrics has five units through which it provides its services:
- Children Emergency Unit (CEU):It opens 24 hours every day and it is the primary portal of entry for admission of children with diverse emergency conditions. It is a 12 bedded unit, adequatelyequipped with modern ER facilities for prompt and independent response. It is run by a team of doctors comprising interns, Medical Officers, Registrars, Senior Registrars and Supervising Consultants with a full complement of paediatric trained nurses and other supporting staff. The unit, just like every other wards enjoys a pneumatic tubing system for sending and receiving items(drugs, sample bottles, etc) between the Pharmacy, laboratories, Radiology department and other supporting units
- Paediatric Out-patientClinic is run by a team of interns,Medical Officers, Paediatric Resident doctors and the supervising Consultant Paediatrician. It provides ambulatory care to children who do not require hospitalization. The clinic runs daily between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. It also renders emergency out-patient consultation after 5:00pm.
- Paediatric Specialty Clinicsare run from Monday to Fridays every week. Each subspecialty in the department has its clinic slot and some clinics are joint program with other departments.
Some of the clinic and academic training of the department arehandled by visiting/Adjunct consultants/Lecturers on special contract
Specialty Clinic Days:
TEAMS SUB-SPECIALTY CLINIC DAY
- Cardiology and Pulmonology Monday and Wednesday
- Endocrinology and ENT Tuesday and Wednesday
- Haematology- Oncology and Children Ortho. Wednesday
- Nutrition/G-Enterology and Infectious Diseases Thursday
- Nephrology Friday
- Neonatology Monday and Friday
- Neurology Friday
- The Paediatric Ward: There are two separate 30 bedded wards known as Male PaediatricWard(MPW) AndFemale Paediatric Ward(FPW)on 2 different floors, giving a total of 60 beds. Each ward has an open ward, Amenity/Private ward, Isolation ward and adjoining consultation clinics. Stable patents not fit for discharge after resuscitation are transferred from the CEU to The Paediatric Wardfor further review. Some patients are admitted directly to the ward from the clinics.The unit, just like every other wards enjoys a pneumatic tubing system for sending and receiving items(drugs, sample bottles, etc) between the Pharmacy, laboratories, Radiology department and other supporting units
- Newborn Special Care Unit(NeSCU)The newborn special Care Unit (NeSCU) provides specialized care for newborn babies up to the age of 28 days.The unit receives babies from within the hospital as well as those that are referred to from various hospitals. It is also equipped to render intensive care for newborn in 2 different sections, the inborn and out-born sections.
- Miscellaneous /Supporting servicesThe Paediatric department enjoys diverse supporting services from different departments with services designed to meet the specific needs of the department
- PharmacyThis department has direct pneumatic tubing system to the Paediatric department for exchange of materials and drugs and specially formulates and stores paediatric friendly drugs and consumables
- Laboratory ServicesThis department has direct pneumatic tubing system to the Paediatric department for exchange of materials and specially provides services with paediatric friendly designs and rates
- Feeding/Dietary servicesThis unit work very closely with the Paediatric department to provide meals and dietary advisethat enhances optimal health requiredfor normal growth and development for out-patient and In-patient consultations.
- Blood Bank And Haematological ServicesThis unit provides blood and blood products promptly to the paediatric department in appropriate sizes compatible for use in the Paediatric age group
- AccommodationPatients relatives or visitors who require overnight accommodation or accommodation for a short period have opportunity at the transit inn at highly subsidized rate.
- Playroom and PlaygroundThe department has playroom with toys and playground as a form psychotherapy to help kids to recuperate better.
For consultations appointment and enquiries about our services, call +234-9011-686-422, whatsApp contact: +234-9011-686-422. e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org